Mark S. Glinsky
Village Consulting LLC - Arlington, TX 76013
I have over 30 years of experience in the acquisition and program management of Aerospace / DOD development, supply-chain management, and production programs incorporating hardware and software. This includes 20 years of experience in proposal writing and assembly, having served as proposal manager as well as cost volume manager for numerous successful proposals to DoD and Foreign Military clients.
In addition, I have broad supporting backgrounds in contracts management, information technology, operations management, systems engineering, program cost control and tracking, technical writing, software programming and applications, independent consulting, Internet marketing and financial markets.
I most recently served as the Information Technology Operations Manager of Supplier-Managed Inventory programs for Pentacon Aerospace, a $300M corporation that provides Just-In-Time (JIT) Inventory and Supply-Chain management services for many leading aerospace manufacturers, domestically and internationally.
Currently as Village Consulting LLC, I provide consulting services to clients in Proposal / solicitation writing and management services, information technology, metal fabrication and distributing, and provide Internet-based documentation sourcing and marketing / auction services. I am also the US Distributor and Software Support for Hurst Green Plastics TwinBin and Tagbin hardware storage devices and racking. I am available for limited-term on-site consulting as well as telecommuting services.My wife Shelley Glinsky (resume) also provides QMRP and QA services to ICF/MR Group Homes supporting developmentally disabled clients.
· Manage program manufacturing status and programming progress, using Microsoft Project and PowerPoint.
· Identify RFP opportunities, develop, critique and manage technical and cost proposals.
· Write and review Requests for Proposals (RFP's) and contracts for risk and technical factors.
· Generate entrepreneurial opportunities through personal and Internet-based marketing.
· Design relational Databases and interfaces, Spreadsheets, automated report and metrics generation.
· Maintain PC’s and Networks, provide Customer and Help Desk support.
· Monitor program budgets, spending plans and financial metrics, using Microsoft Excel and Access.
· Oversee program procurement efforts and contractual compliance issues.
· Interface with customers, conduct Program and On-Site Reviews, prepare and perform presentations.
· Volume leader for technical proposals, conduct and debrief Red Team proposal reviews.
· Negotiate pre- and post-award contracts / Draft, award and manage major subcontracts.
· Conduct official contractual correspondence.
· Supervise professional and non-exempt employees.
· Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
· Efficient with excellent analytical skills, persistence and attention to detail.
· Outstanding interpersonal and proven leadership capabilities.
· Experienced in software applications and operations of personal computers and Palm devices, including Microsoft Excel, Access, Project, Word and PowerPoint; Dymax / UDMS Relational Database and Report Writer; Western Digital Systems Compass Contract MRP System.
· Fluent in HTML coding, website development and domain management (maintain personal website / domain).
· Adaptable to variable situations, quick to grasp new concepts and skills.
· Proficiency in risk awareness, evaluation and management to achieve goals.
· Creative and innovative problem-solver able to improve ideas and synthesize new approaches.
· Responsible, dependable individual supportive of best interests of the company, customers and associates.
· Self-starting, requiring minimal supervision, and set and maintain high standards.
· Able to communicate ideas and opinions clearly and convincingly.
· Successfully maintain effective personnel relationships while remaining results-oriented.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Village Consulting LLC, Arlington, TX - Sole Proprietor
April 2002 to Present - Consultant to Aerospace Hardware Suppliers
Self-Employed Consultant, sourcing and managing programs including:
Pentacon Aerospace, Grand Prairie, TX
May 2000 to April 2002 - Information Technology Operations Manager, Supplier-Managed Inventory Programs
IT Manager in charge of defining and implementing corporate processes
(including ISO 9000 procedures), and integrating all relevant computer
programs and platforms to conform to approved processes.
Performed extensive operational reporting, metrics generation and database analyses, using Dymax / UDMS relational database and report writing functions, Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint programs.
Installed and maintained PC's, networks and peripherals, rendered internal and external support and training.
Provided program management and implementation functions / interface with customers.
Developed, implemented and maintained Palm Pilot-compatible platform for on-site bar-code scanning and integrated inventory management systems.
ECC International Corp., Orlando, FL
1998 to 2000 - Contracts Manager
Contracts Manager responsible for negotiation and management of simulation
trainer contracts with Government and prime contractors.
Successfully managed $56M CCTT cost-plus-fixed-fee production contract, AGTS production contract and M1A2 VIGS program.
Specific duties included management of daily program activities, contractual correspondence and compliance monitoring, customer interface, proposal development, pricing and negotiation, and marketing support.
Additional tasks included review of specifications, statements of work, and terms and conditions.
1992 to 1998 - Systems Engineer, Business Development
Responsible for the development of the technical and cost volumes for
new business efforts in the areas of weapons systems operational and maintenance
trainers for aircraft, armor, electronic warfare, and communications systems.
Responsibilities included responding to RFP's, specification development and analysis, hardware and software requirements definition, pricing, configuration management, risk management, scheduling and design oversight.
Proposal responsibilities included definition of the Work Breakdown Structure, development of the technical volume, review of engineering and software design concepts, basis of estimate rationale, and bills of material.
Prepared and executed departmental and process procedures for ISO 9000 certification.
Supervised on-site Support Engineering staff for CCTT Program Team.
Supervised Technical Writing department for production of data items.
Composed and produced music for Stealth Reaper 2020 Video Game.
1979 to 1989 - Program Manager
Program Manager responsible for the completion of the engineering, software
and manufacturing activities for various DOD and foreign simulation training
programs ranging in value from $1M to $43M, with particular experience
on F/A-18 aircraft programs.
Assigned overall responsibility for complete contract programs, including:
Efforts required close coordination and communication of priorities
with all functional disciplines.
Successfully increased program design performance and customer communications for concurrent data requirements.
Reported directly to Vice President of Program Development and Executive Vice President / General Manager.
Served as the principal point of program interface for customers and subcontractors.
Participated in management, generation and estimation of numerous Technical / Pricing Proposals for New Business Development.
Provided on-site and in-house support to Sales / Marketing group.
Directly supervised primary program teams of 5 to 30 people.
Maintained DOD Secret clearance.
1975 to 1979 - Simulation Analyst / Programmer
Researched, designed, documented, programmed and validated simulation
program models for numerous ECC training systems, coding in various computer
Generated and validated technical and software documentation.
Responsible for technical customer liaison during design and acceptance.
Implemented concept of prototypical stand-alone ROM-based trainers.
1989 to 1991 - Futures Trader
Self-employed entrepreneur, trading commodity futures for own account.
Performed own analysis, research, trade execution.
Earned Series 3 Broker's License.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
B.S., Physics, University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) - 1975
Computer Honors Scholarship / Minor, Mathematics and Astronomy Minors
National Merit Semifinalist
Microsoft Access Advanced Courses
Contract Administration and Cost-Plus Contract Management Courses
Western Digital Systems Compass Contract Database and Visual Basic Courses